The Journal of Mathematics and Science: Collaborative Explorations is a forum which focuses on the exchange of ideas, primarily among college and university faculty from mathematics, science, and education, while incorporating perspectives of elementary and secondary school teachers. Articles are solicited that address the preparation of prospective teachers of mathematics and science in grades K-12 and aspects of programs for undergraduate STEM majors. The Journal is anonymously refereed.
The Journal is published by the Virginia Mathematics and Science Coalition.
Articles are solicited in the following areas:
- all aspects of undergraduate material development and approaches that will provide new insights in mathematics and science education;
- reports on new curricular development and adaptations of ‘best practices’ in new situations; of particular interest are those with interdisciplinary approaches;
- explorations of innovative and effective student teaching/practicum approaches;
- reviews of newly developed curricular material;
- research on student learning; and
- reports on projects that include evaluation reports on systemic curricular development activities.
The Journal of Mathematics and Science: Collaborative Explorations is published in spring and fall of each year. Annual subscription rates are $20.00 US per year for US subscribers and $22.00 US per year for non-US subscribers.
All correspondence, including article submission, should be sent to:
Karen A. Murphy, Editorial Manager
The Journal of Mathematics and Science: Collaborative Explorations
Virginia Mathematics and Science Coalition
VCU P.O. 842014
Richmond, VA 23284-2014