The Coalition provides information and comment on public policy issues to the Virginia Board of Education, the Virginia Department of Education, the Virginia executive and legislative branches, and the public. The position papers represent a compilation, analysis, and summary of best practices for teaching mathematics and science and for creating related links with engineering and technology. The Coalition
- Articulates the need for improved mathematics and science education;
- Advocates rigorous standards and curricula for mathematics and science courses;
- Seeks changes to state standards and curricula to improve integration and relevance of STEM courses;
- Supports high-quality assessment and accountability systems that are congruent with learning standards and best practices; and
- Provides reliable information about mathematics and science programs and related links with engineering and technology.
The following position papers were developed and disseminated by the Coalition.
|Position on Science Standards of Learning, Assessment, and Accountability||Virginia General Assembly||2015||Science SOL and Assessment|
|Licensure - Grade 6-8 Mathematics Specialists||Virginia Department of Education (ABTEL)||2015||Licensure - Math Specialists|
|Substitution of Computer Science for Science Credit||Virginia Board of Education||2014||Science & Computer Science Credit|